Monday, January 25, 2010

Bavarian Cables

Well as of recently I have started to knit this sock. This picture does not do the colors of the yarn justice. The peach color is actually a bright pink, and the green is actually dark grey. But I just wanted everyone to see the cool cables. I am using Wendy Johnson's Bavarian cables pattern from her book.

I have been helping out down at my father-in-law's business. He runs his own hunting pack store, they sew everything from pack bags, to binocular cases. I have been doing the monotonous stuff that is very time consuming that keeps the girls (his employees, Deanna, Sandy, & Deb) from sewing things. But today Sandy taught me how to use the big sewing machines, and let me sew strips on the back panel of the packs. I was very nervous, seeing as the needles go so much faster than regular sewing machines, and they can sew right through your finger without stopping. But Sandy said I did great. (yay me!) I am so envious of their skills, I know they have been doing it a lot longer but it is pretty intimidating. My father-in-law is also a whiz at the machines but he doesn't do to much of it anymore. I have been having a lot of fun down there. Well that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment