Friday, February 13, 2009

FRIDAY!!!!

I am so happy I get a day off tomorrow. Well as long as everything goes to plan... I would love to spend Valentines Day with G by myself and not have to take care of someone else's kid, at least for a little while.


Seqouia (a kid I take care of) and I are sitting here waiting for some rice to finish cooking on the stove. We are making cheesey rice mmmmmm. He is of course sitting in his chair in the appropriate manner with his seat to the seat and back to the back.

Oh to be young and flexible. He is a cute little bugger isn't he? I take care of him 5 days a week, him and his sister Tasha on Saturdays and on Sundays I watch him, Tasha, James, and Michelle, they are all brothers and sisters. The bummer is they are kind of hard on my cats Slinkie and Reeses, they are actually developing anxiety problems, so I am working really hard to make a space for them to be separated from the kids. I had to take the cats to the vet and the vet gave them a cortical steroid shot it will make their anxiety levels more normal. Luckily we are moving next month so I probably won't have kids in the house anymore, will either work at a center or will have a separate building for my child care. I love watching kids and working from home, but the cats are my babies and I don't want to cause them any stress. I think when G and I start having kids it will be different because Slinkie and Reeses will get used to them gradually and I plan on making sure my kids know how to handle pets properly.

Anyhoo... I have not knit anything for a while, I don't know what is wrong with me becasue I can actually feel myself getting more stressed when I don't do it but I just don't seem to make any time for it. I am almost finished with that cowl, I need to add a button row and then block it. I am going to knit some more mittens for myself, and some socks. I want to send some hats and mittens out to a donation or a local church here somewhere but I am not sure which is good and which one really needs them.

I need to go get some boxes from the grocery store for packing up our stuff. Sooo much to do so little time....

1 comment: