Saturday, November 28, 2009

Well Thanksgiving is over.
I am exhausted even two days later. I helped with the dinner preparations. I made a sweet potato casserole, a green bean casserole, a butternut squash gratin, and I made a cream cheese, strawberry jello dessert. Then we had mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey (of course), ham, rolls, another jello thing, corn, apple pie, pumpkin pie, and a pudding fruit pie.
All went well, afterwards Greg, his cousins, and I all played the Wii. And then made plans for game nights. We have all wanted to do it for a long time but there was always something conflicting, but now it will work. YAAHHH.
My nephew wasn't too sure about what to eat at dinner so we let him snack on some olives. HE ATE 30 of those stupid things before he was satisfied. I like olives too but not that much.
Well I decided that since it gets so cold here I won't be doing outdoor knitting, so will not need pop top mittens. So therefore I will knit normal mittens.
I am having a hard time with my purl stitches when they are in between knit ribbing. I can't seem to make that first stitch after the knit stitch tight enough. NO matter how tight I pull it is still seems to leave a big gaping spot there. It mostly happens when I am doing cabling because the knit stitches are pulled so tight when they are being twisted. But I know that I should be able to fix it, I just don't know how.
I don't have any pictures sorry, soon I will post some FO's.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a delicious dinner... I have a cousin who enjoys olives that much

    ReplyDelete