Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello All!
It is going to be a wonderful day. We are going to have about 18 people over for dinner and we are very excited to see the family. The menu includes things like... mashed potatoes, turkey, green bean casserole, yams, broccoli carrot Au gratin, strawberry jello (with cranberries, walnuts, mandarin oranges, and pineapples), rolls, ham, gravy, cranberry sauce, sweet potato pie, other various pies, and of course stuffing. All of that is of course doubled so now we can feed a third world nation. Thank God my mother-in-law had the foresight to ask some of the family to make stuff and bring it, especially with 19 people coming.
As for knitting I am currently working on a tube scarf for the Hubs, it is black and orange stripes for the Beavers. This year he has recess duty every other week and so it gets pretty cold. I think that I might make him a double knit argyle scarf in black and orange too. I also cast on for another pair of socks, they are in a charcoal grey-black sort of color. The Dr. Seuss Socks are both off the needles and now I am attempting the afterthought heel, which has been interesting, at least I can put the sock on and see if I need to decrease or build out more. I like that. So they have been on a time out and that is why I haven't finished those. I do not think that I will be doing any Christmas knitting. But who knows I might decided to throw something together at the last minute. I need to start getting in the habit of knitting things all year round collecting them and then gifting them appropriately.
But enough jibber-jabber, I will wish you a HAPPY Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment