Saturday, January 7, 2012

Slowing Down A Bit!

Well as you can see I haven't written for over a month now. I am happy to say that even though I hated to leave the blog for so long at least I had a good reason to.
First off, we are finally moved into our house! The kitchen is done with just a few little cosmetic things left to do. The downstairs bathroom is plumbed out enough that we can go to the bathroom and we can take baths. No working shower as of yet, we have bought the kit for the claw foot tub and we are waiting on my father-in-law to bend some tubing to make a circular shower rod. We are currently working on our washing machine and dryer. We are thinking we are going to have to buy a new washer (not good). And as far a getting a wood stove we are all set on that front we just have to put it in. (Sort of not looking forward to that) I am looking forward to nice wood heat though. The gas bill came last month ($130.00) and we hadn't even been living here the whole month. I can't complain too much though because at least we have heat and at least we can pay the bill. We have been back and forth over paint colors for the rooms in the house. So far we have painted things very neutrally and we were both getting a little bored with that, so... for the downstairs living room we are going to paint it a bright orange, the trim will all be painted out a bright white to balance, and the carpet down here is a creamy color. So the only thing that is going to look horrible are the sofa and chair set that we got from a friend they were so wonderful to give them to us for free. So I have been trying to come up with a plan to make them work by either covering them, or buying some new furniture and moving these ones elsewhere in the house.
But onto other things, we moved the cats over a few days after we had gotten settled in, and they seem to love it. They both have figured out that if you jump on the counter and then on the fridge and then on top of the cabinets that you can get up on our exposed beam running down the center of the house. So when you come into the house you may be greeted with a meow from up above.
The knitting front has been pathetic where I am concerned. I am working on a pair of toe up socks for a co-worker who was so sweet to crochet me Christmas doilies for my dining room table. They are very pretty by the way. That is all I am working on and nothing has been finished, haven't had a whole lot of time to sit and knit.
And with that I am going to say goodbye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment